New Nissan leaf 40kw is it as bad as they say?

Discuss all current and upcoming Nissan EVs
trumpballoon

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:43 pm

I have been following a guy called AVM on youtube. Here is one of his videos.

I was seriously considering one of these but now not so sure. Can I have your thoughts please?
alitech
Site Admin

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Hello @trumpballoon

Yes, AVM is a Nissan basher indeed. He has owned one for a few years and I think he has gone as far as he can with Nissan in general. I like his videos.

The general consensus is that when you go to any EV for the first time, you love it, even if they are Nissans.

Have you personally driven a Nissan leaf?
----

Alitech
EV mad forum admin
Zulfiqar

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Same usual nissan problem..

Nissan used to be a good manufacturer till they essentially dug themselves into a hole only to get Renault to buy them out.

And then as usual, french cars look nice but are trash, same with the newer ice nissan sedans too because they have invested so much into JATCO, they cannot divorce it even if they tried.

On the same coin, even the first leaf was not a keeper due to battery thermal management, the heat of southern usa has rendered nearly 80% of them in scrapyards because nissan tell customers to gtfo by quoting them a figure for battery replacement that exceeds the market value of the car by 100%.

Same case with the new one, its the cheapo version of "hey im trying the EV bandwagon"

But its hilarious.. as the pricing is not favorable now, the ownership is not something to write home about or even utilitarian functions of it.

Its a 3 yr car, drive dispose after 3 years, rinse repeat.. technically Tesla are similar too.
alitech
Site Admin

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Omg Tesla bashing!!!
----

Alitech
EV mad forum admin